My deep commitment to agriculture and concern for the environment stems from my early years, working alongside my father and four brothers on the family farm in southwest Iowa. Today I continue to build on that commitment by working to create innovative solutions for pressing problems that affect farmers and the environment.
With over 30 years’ experience in conservation planning I am widely recognized as a passionate visionary and thought leader. For 22 years as CEO, I led the Agren team, producing innovative results for every client. Responsible for driving business development and strategic partnerships, I am highly regarded for my creativity, innovation and commitment to developing solutions to further conservation implementation.
- Founder and CEO for 22 years of a consulting/research firm which successfully pivoted into a nationally recognized software company delivering sustainability technology to agriculture.
- Widely recognized for leadership expertise, passion, and vision in conservation planning, working tirelessly to create innovative solutions for pressing issues that affect both farmers and the environment.
- 14 years prior experience with USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service; knowledgeable of EPA and USDA staff on both state and national level.
- Ability to convey technical data to diverse groups of community leaders, farmers, researchers, legislators.
- Proficient at identifying, screening, and securing commitment of partners and collaborators from agencies, associations, and organizations to solve complex issues on the national, state and local levels.
- Adept at planning and leading projects that require multiple stakeholders and disciplines.
- Experienced in effective public speaking at all levels and accomplished at conversational writing.
- Strong agricultural background; raised on a soybean/corn/small grain/livestock farm in Southwest Iowa
Along with my wife, Peggy, we are proud parents of 4 grown children and 5 grandchildren.